Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A prayer for our homes

Let us pray.......That God will grant us a happy home.
"My people shall dwell in a peaceful habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places."
Isaiah 32:8
Our God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come, I turn to thee like a wanderer in the dark, seeking a way out of the noise and confusion in my life.

For you know, dear Father, how much noise and confusion enters our homes. Yes I realize that many of the words and deeds are not always badly meant, But they do upset our homes so much Father.

So, today, dear Lord, I want to ask Thy blessing on all who dwell under this roof. Help us to bear cheerfully together in any sickness, any sorrow, and any hardship.

Bless those in our home who have jobs and duties to perform, dear Father. And bless any small children within our home and those who may have left it for homes of their own. Yes Father, bless and keep those whom have left our dear homes for places far away.

Thank you, dear Father, that even this little talk with you has brought thy spirit into my heart. I know you will answer my prayer and I thank you-I thank you for such comfort, happiness and peace.

We pray in this holy miricle working name.

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment